CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Photobucket Grab my button

Friday, March 4, 2011

A woman who fears the Lord

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
She brings home good, not harm, all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable, and her
lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in
scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his among the
elders of the land.
She makes linen grments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and diginity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of
idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed.
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Proverbs 31: 10-30 NIV

Our duties as christian woman are first and foremost to serve our families.
When I first started on this journey with the king I thought about serving others first outside of my home. Which we as christians are called to serve others.But I focused more on serving others outside of my home than serving my family. God wants us to put our family first, then serve others outside of our home.

I do enjoy serving others to see the smile on someones face from the blessing they received. What a wonderful experience ! I also now enjoy serving my family and seeing the smile on my husband face when he sees me serving him. I love homeschooling our first grade son and teaching ALL of my children about the Lord. I now enjoy this call on my life as a mother, wife and homeschooler. It is such a blessing to watch my son learn and grow. Brandon is growing in all areas of his life. His faith in Christ has increased tremendously. Brandon's academic knowledge has increased as well. The Lord has strengthened our marriage as well. My relationship with my sons has been strengthened.

I have also noticed a change in my oldest son Bradley and youngest son Hunter. Bradley's faith in Christ has really increased. Watching my sweet two year old son Hunter bow his head to pray at the dinner table is such an awesome blessing. I pray that my children will grow up strong christian men. I pray they have a love for God like no other. Please continue to pray for my family as we follow the Lords will.

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment