CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Photobucket Grab my button

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pledge of Allegiance Unit Study

In January we started a unit study on the Pledge of Allegiance/ American Flag. The boys really enjoyed this unit study and learned so much! I got all of my lesson plans for the Pledge of Allegiance fromhttp://www.hubbardscupboard.org/the_pledge_of_allegiance.html I love this website!! I downloaded and printed the Pledge of Allegiance and hung it on my morning board   Photobucket I got the morning board idea from http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/. We resited the Pledge of Allegiance every morning. We learned about the first flag and the flag of today ! We colored the first flag PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket. The unit study made the boys very exicited and they loved learning the Pledge of Allegiance and about the history of the flag. We started a new unit study on Daniel Boone this week. I cant wait to tell you all about that unit study and what we learned.

6 comments:

  1. Donna,

    How fun! Might pick your brain sometime about unit studies. The pics of the colored flags reminded me of 3rd grade (Abeka). We made flags with colored rice. :) Have lots of fun today with those blessings.

    Your new Bloggin' Buddy and friend from THL,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind comment--I'm following right back. :) I love your unit studies you've featured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! You have some wonderful homeschool ideas :)

    Thank you for linking up at Tiggerific Tuesday! Be sure to come back each week. Btw, today is GIVEAWAY Wednesday at www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com. Stop by & test your Disney knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! In my homeschooling, we haven't gotten to the Pledge of Allegiance yet but we will, so I'll keep your resource link in mind.

    I'll have to check out the morning board idea, too.

    Jeanine
    (new Blogging Buddy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Donna! I noticed your comment that you'd like to Guest Host the Tiggerific Tuesday! Blog Hop...or Bounce! I don't see a way to contact you here, so can you please email me at jodi(at)magicalmoiuseschoolhouse(dot)com to schedule it? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to email you at the address but it comes back with a failure notice my email address is donnafuson@att.net please email me :)

    ReplyDelete