CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Photobucket Grab my button

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I am not letting go




Then the man said, “Let me go for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” Genesis 32:26

I really love the story in the bible about Jacob wrestling God. Jacob ended up walking with a limp because the Lord blessed him on his hip. The reason the Lord blessed Jacob was because he told Him in this verse “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”  Have you noticed once we “wrestle” with God we are never the same?  That limp is a blessing. What might your limp be? How can my divorce, or drug addiction be used by God?

Later on in Genesis Chapter 32 we see where Jacob called the place Peniel, because Jacob said “I saw God face to face, and yet his life was spared.” We can wrestle with God over many situations in life, hardships, and habits in life we don’t want to give up. We struggle to let go. We end up wrestling with God.  He is dealing with us and we choose to ignore him. Eventually you are going to change or you will just keep wrestling with God. We might as well just give up to the Lord and obey him. I believe we have a fear of stepping out in faith, obeying, and trusting God. But once we do step out in faith and we see the blessing, then we say to ourselves “what was I afraid of?”

I myself have wrestled with the Lord over many things in my life. One example is when the Lord called me into ministry and to attend Clear Creek. I kept praying and hoping he would tell me no. I really was not sure that I could go to Clear Creek. Also God's call in my life to be a homeschool mom. I was not sure if what I was doing was the right thing to do. The Lord showed me that I was doing the right thing and he has blessed me in many ways since I obeyed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment