CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Photobucket Grab my button

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Denying our self daily

Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

There are two main ideas denying self and taking up the cross daily. Fasting from food or denying yourself anything extra special is NOT the denying of self Christ was speaking of . I believe the kind of self denial Christ is speaking of the our right to have our own authority. The be your own boss kind of authority! When we have the idea that we have our own authority, we then begin to have the things of men in mind. This can easily be turned into Satan's authority. I have been doing Beth Moore's daily devotional Jesus 90 days with the one and only I have really enjoyed this bible study. I wanted to share with you what I have learned this morning. "I believe the key to "follow"-ship with Christ is the recommitment to take up the cross daily."-Beth Moore
This is what really spoke to me "live life one surrendered day at a time. Eyes to the East. Hands to the cross. Feet to the path."- Beth Moore.

Lord help us to deny our self daily and take up your cross. You are so good and we know that you love us so much and you know whats best for us. In Jesus Name.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    Well said...

    What cute pics of your boys!

    Visiting from The Blogging Buddies

    Have a fantabulous Wednesday!

    Carolee
    Come on home - mom blog
    Working at home advice

    ReplyDelete