CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Photobucket Grab my button

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trials of Life

"Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”
                                      Genesis 22:12

           Abraham being tested is a wonderful story; it is one of my favorites. It is a beautiful story of Abraham’s faith, love and devotion to God.   I connect with this story because I have children myself. I think about how hard it must have been for Abraham to think that he had to sacrifice his only son. He loved the Lord so much that he would obey the Lord no matter what the price. We are to love the Lord with all our soul, and mind (Matthew 22:37). We prove our love for the Lord when we obey him.

The Lord tests our faith through situations that seem impossible for us to handle. It is in these situations that we see that God can do the impossible. In these tests we see that he is purifying our character so that we can be better equipped to serve him. It is in these test and trials that we draw closer to him.

We also see in John 3:16 that the Lord gave his only son to die for our sins. This is the meaning of true love.

Lord help me to always remember that the trials in my life are to give us strength in you.  Draw me closer to you in this times of trial in my life in jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment