CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Photobucket Grab my button

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Abraham Lincoln Unit Study

We have been doing a unit study on Abraham Lincoln for our civics class. Friday March 4th we visited the Abraham Lincoln museum at Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate, Tn. Photobucket The boys really enjoyed the muesum!! They had so much ! Brandon said oh mommy how cool! Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
During our unit study of Abraham Lincoln we watched short videos on youtube.com about Abe Lincoln.
We also colored pages of Abraham Lincoln that I got from http://www.atozteacherstuff.com/Themes/Abraham_Lincoln/index.shtml
We even made Abraham Lincoln hats! I got this idea from http://crafts.kaboose.com/paper-plate-abe-lincoln-hat.htmlPhotobucketPhotobucket. We had so much fun during our Abraham Lincoln unit study.
We also celebrated Dr Seuss birthday on March 2,2011 we dressed up like the Cat in the HatPhotobucketWe also read Green eggs and ham and played games online at http://www.seussville.com/ we had so much fun! Also on Friday March 4th we spent the school day at outside enjoying this warm weather. It was a little windy at times but we had so much fun !Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. oh wow, that would have been amazing!!! if you guys every make it close to DC, we can hit Ford's Theatre!! It is on my short list of sights to hit here. is that first picture of the hearse that carried him to his grave? i wish i could have joined you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats sounds awesome I would love to take the kids to Ford's Theatre ! We will have to make a trip out there sometime ! I wish you could have joined us too! we had such a good time :) I am not sure if that one was the hearse but they had a replica of his casket and how it was carried to the burial site. It said it took two weeks to take his body to his burial site. I was like wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,

    Thanks for coming by my blog and linking up to the blog hop. I am here to return the follow and visit. Love the background of your blog, it just too cute. I wish you luck with your blogging venture. I started about 7 months ago and have never looked back.

    Tami Marie
    http://www.thethingswefindinside.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Mommy's Peanut Gallery, following back! Your boys are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following you back from the hop. Thanks for stopping by. http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
    www.reneeahand.com
    Thanks!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable family! It looks like you put a lot of time into finding activities the kids will think are fun but still have fun with.

    I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beautiful children! i'm from blog http://onegirlsfavthings.blogspot.com/ thank you for stopping by and commenting. your follow didn't go thru, pls try again, i'd love to have u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awee thanks for getting back to me donna! ur prob following privately and then it won't show your profile. it's okei! it's great to meet people (moms especially) thru networking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting http://confessionsofafrugalmind.blogspot.com/

    I'm now following back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following you right back! I could tell that you all had a blast as a family :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the song you had playing in the background. I'm a new Blogging Buddy!

    Nice to meet you!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete