CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Photobucket Grab my button

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hidden In my Heart

         
                          
                                     
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
                              Psalm 119:11

          Most people say, “I wish there was a manual for parenting, marriage and other life issues.” There is! The Bible is a guide and gives direction for life. We should look to the Lord for direction and the Bible is where we receive it. We shouldn’t just simply read the Bible, we need to study and apply it to our lives. When my children come to me they ask me for guidance and when I give them guidance and they don’t apply it to their lives it becomes useless. We are God’s children and it is the same with us. We should read our Bible daily for the direction because that is how the Lord speaks to us.

 We should memorize the Word of God so the Holy Spirit can speak those verses to us when we are facing situations and issues in life. Our Heavenly Father is an encourager (Romans 15:4). How can He encourage us with His Word if we don’t memorize or read the scriptures?

 The Bible teaches us our boundaries and limitations as Christians. Those boundaries keep us close to Him and keep us out of trouble. We don’t display Godly character either when we fail to apply God’s Word to our lives.

The Bible is a book of instruction, guidance, God’s way of speaking to us, and it encourages us. What a wonderful gift from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment