CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Photobucket Grab my button

Sunday, April 3, 2011

30days 30 ways to Encourage your husbands day 3

I am a huge fan of encouraging your husband/wife instead of complaining about what they don't do. What I have found that works great is to remember husbands need to be reminded how much they mean to the family on a regular basis. It is very easy to get in the habit of expecting our husbands to know what we need or want from them. So instead of getting upset that they did not take out the trash un till you asked them to, just give them a BIG "Thank you" after they did it. Another thing that helps me deal with the daily chore of marriage is to remember that women and me DO NOT think the same way. For example my husband can clean a car till it shines and you can see yourself in every part of the car but if you ask him to clean the bath room he think if he take out the trash and wipe off the sink he is done.


The more we are grateful for what our husbands do the more they will be willing to do. REMEMBER: Women are Women and Men are Men we don't think the same and that is what makes us, us.
Here is a great book that can really help you understand your hubby: The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by, Dr Laura




Lisa

www.lisabcarter.blogspot.com

www.lisabcarter.com

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I both respond better to encouragement. I just need to keep it up--thanks for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower from Tiggerific Tuesday. I have actually read the book you mentioned and it is a wonderful book. It really helped me look at my husband through "different eyes" so to speak. It is amazing how if we try to see the good in others how much happier we can be as well. Great blog!
    Take care,
    Shauna
    http://myshaenoel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete